Soft start and stop feature reduces wear and tear, energy efficiency future-proofs design.
Invertek Drives proved the perfect answer when engineer and keen greyhound enthusiast, Keith Morton, needed a motor and inverter for his 'three dog walker'.
Keith was looking for a motor to drive his invention, capable of walking up to three dogs at the same time, and an inverter to control the speed. As the majority of end users will only have access to a single phase supply, the inverters needed to be single phase input, 3 phase output. And because the inverter was going to be enclosed out of sight, an easy cost effective way of controlling it was required.
By using a 1.1kW 6 pole 3 phase AC motor, controlled by a 1.5kW single phase in, 3 phase out IP20 Optidrive E2, controlled by a remote keypad mounted to the frame of the dog walker, Keith's customers can sufficiently exercise their dogs with minimal effort.
The soft start and soft stop facility of the inverter allows users to slowly take the dogs up to speed as well as reducing mechanical wear and tear – a vital feature in all conveyor belt applications.
Key Customer Benefits:
- The Optidrive E2's easy set up enables swift installation and greatly reduced the design stage
- Remote keypads give a quick and easy control method, i.e. no time wasted mounting and wiring push buttons, potentiometers etc
- The keypad will always allow you to see what speed the walker is running at
- The compact size of the E2 helps with the compact flat pack design
- The on board Energy Optimiser of the E2 combined with the IE2 motor allows Keith to market his Dog Walker as being very energy efficient
- The soft start and soft stop facility of the inverter allows you to slowly take the dog up to speed as well as reducing mechanical wear and tear
Optidrive products used in this application: