A robust global supply chain, stock holding, and distribution network has ensured business continuity for Invertek Drives following the introduction of new European trade rules on 1 January 2021 as a result of Brexit.
Long-term planning has ensured uninterrupted manufacturing at the global operations and headquarters of Invertek in the UK and distribution by air, sea and land to our customers and sales partners globally since the start of 2021.
Long-term strategic planning
As with our Covid-19 contingency plan introduced in March 2020, we have ensured business continuity. This is down to strategic planning and procedures that go back many years as part of our investment in key areas of our business.
Key reasons for this are:
- An existing strategic stock (several months) of components and materials for the assembly of our complete variable frequency drive range securely stored within our 5,500sq m state-of-the-art operations and distribution centre at Welshpool, Powys, UK
- We specifically increased strategic stock levels in Q4 2020 to cater for any issues as a result of Covid-19 or Brexit
- Uninterrupted deliveries from our global supply chain by land, sea and air
- Contingency plans for any break or shortage as a result of any global situation
- Stock held globally with our sales partners
Uninterrupted supply chain and distribution
Manufacturing and distribution have continued, uninterrupted, since 1 January. Combined with our Covid-19 strategy, we have demonstrated we have a secure and robust system in place.
We would like to thank our suppliers, distributors and customers for their assistance and support throughout 2020 and into 2021.
We believe that between Covid-19 and Brexit we have demonstrated how Invertek Drives has a successful business continuity and security system.
For more media information, contact:
Owain Betts, PR, Media and Communications
t: +44 (0) 1938 558 253
m: +44 (0) 7787 437 052